Salary: £72,024 – £78,743 plus £10,000 Special Responsibilities Allowance per annum
We are looking for a new Head of Corporate Finance to lead a successful finance division. You will either be working at this strategic level or looking for the opportunity to step up to become a strategic Head of Service and put your mark on the council as we tackle the challenges of the future. We are looking for a fully qualified accountant who can demonstrate their ability to lead a wide range of teams that underpin the success and finances of the authority. You will design, drive and deliver a diverse range of agendas and projects. We expect you will operate at the most senior level of the council, including within political and partnership circles.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Chief Executive and Corporate Management Team and be responsible for:
- The effective management and performance of the Corporate Finance division ensuring they are high quality and cost-effective
- You will be the council’s lead financial advisor and designated as the council’s s151 Officer
- You will work closely with and provide advice to the Cabinet and Members
- You will manage the council’s finances and ensure compliance with our statutory duties as well as being involved in many exciting projects
As we strive for continuous improvement and deliver an ambitious transformation plan, your expertise will help us shape our future direction and progress. Strong leadership, problem solving, decisiveness and ambition for our town are key qualities for this role.
- Message from the Chief Executive (pdf)
- Role profile and candidate specification (pdf)
- Terms and conditions of employment (pdf)
To arrange an informal discussion please contact Natalie Brahma Pearl, Chief Executive at email@example.com.
- Closing date: Sunday 27 November 2022 (11:59pm)
- First stage interviews: Thursday 1 December 2022
- Second stage interview (Member panel): Monday 5 December 2022
Ready to join us?
Please read the material on the role carefully before making your application online, via our partner Penna.
If you have questions about the application process, please contact Andreas Efthymiou on 07546 415794 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.